Data and Analysis Unit: KULMAES2
Last update: 2015-05-15 by Andy Wills
Human discrimination task, reported as Experiment 1B in Maes et al.
This DAU contains stimuli, trial-level raw data, and an analysis script, all in open
cross-platform formats (see the file format notes).
It also provides some informal resources for running experiments like this within
the experiment generator Affect 4.0.
UPDATE: The sex, age, course,
and year columns of kulmaes2data.txt have had all their data replaced with the word 'deleted'.
This is in response to concerns about the potential non-anonymity of biographical data when pooled.
All queries regarding these columns should be directed to Elisa Maes or Tom Beckers.
The APA-format citation for this resource is:
Maes, E. and Wills, A.J. (2015). Data and Analysis Unit: KULMAES2. Retrieved from http://www.willslab.co.uk/kulmaes2
If you make use of these resources, please drop me an email: email@example.com.
- kulmaes2stim.tbz (1.8 MB) - Auditory and visual stimuli used in the experiment.
- kulmaes2data.txt (798 KB) - Trial-level raw data
Column headings are as follows:
- cond: Experimental condition (NP = "NP transfer", PP = "PP transfer")
- subj: Participant ID (unique within KULMAES2)
- cbal: Stimulus counterbalance condition, as described in kulmaes2cbal.txt
- sex, age, course, year: Deleted for confidentiality
- phase: Experiment phase.
- block: Experimental block (Does *not* reset between phases)
- trial: Experimental trial (*DOES* reset between blocks)
- stim: presented stimulus, coded in terms of the abstract design.
- rein: Reinforcement (1 = reinforced, 0 = nonreinforced)
- score: Total number of points scored (resets after practice phase, but nowhere else)
- totresp: Total number of responses made (resets after practice phase, but nowhere else)
- numlost: Total number of points lost (resets after practice phase, but nowhere else)
- itiresp: Number of responses during the ITI prior to this trial.
- resp: Number of responses during the trial.
- kulmaes2cbal.txt (1 KB) -
Stimulus counterbalancing. Column heading as as follows:
- cbal: Counterbalance condition, see above.
- A-F: The abstract stimulus type, see above. For each combination of
abstract stimulus and counterbalance condition, the table specifies the physical
stimulus employed. The six physical stimulus types are provided in this DAU.
- kulmaes2analysis.R (6 KB) - R script for all analyses
reported in Maes et al.
- kulmaes2affect.tbz (94 KB) - Files required to run counterbalance
condition 1 using the experiment generator Affect 4.0.
Note: Affect 4.0 is "free as in beer", it is not "free as in speech" (
what does this mean?), and thus materials related to it are not formally part of this archive. They
are provided in case others find them useful; they
come with absolutely no warranty.